EdenFM aims to establish a community radio station which will bridge the gaps of the people in the Southern Cape with programmes to empower, inform and educate through training and celebrating diversity which serves to enhance the quality of life with the focus to uplift our society.
Tune in to the Southern Cape’s Community Radio Station on:
* 93.8 FM Stereo – Coast
* 103.6 FM Stereo – Klein Karoo
* 87.8 FM Stereo – Hessequa
* 97.9 FM Stereo – Ladismith/Calitsdorp
* 99.7 FM Stereo – Knysna/Plettenberg Bay
Our Mission is to create a Radio station where the community can be Informed, Educated and Entertained. To be a voice to those who previously had no voice
What makes Eden Fm the Preferred Medium for Exposure to any Business?
– The radio has been issued a permanent 4-year broadcasting licence by ICASA in June 2007.
– It has a Large Footprint, broadcasting in the six Major Southern Cape towns on George, Mosselbay, Oudtshoorn, Knysna, Riversdale and Swellendam as well as in all the smaller towns and farms in between.
– The coverage area is inhabited by 452 000 people.
– RAMS research claims that our current listenership is between 185 000 people per week – thus more than 280 000 listeners per month!
– The radio has a programme format which focuses on news and programming of a local nature, which keeps the Southern Cape listener informed educated and entertained.
EdenFM operates with a RDS system has been installed which means listeners driving through EdenFM™ country need not adjust their radios to the different frequencies as the system does this automatically.
The station is audio streaming via the internet to the entire world and mobile streaming is also being installed. Advertising packages are being developed where the core value services will be bundled with numerous free services in order to make advertising with the station cost effective and measurable. The station is broadcasting in English, Afrikaans and isiXhosa with content to inform and entertain all sectors of the Eden community.
Om ‘n gemeenskapsradiostasie op te rig wat die gapings van die mense in die Suid-Kaap sal oorbrug met programme om te bemagtig, inlig en op te voed deur opleiding en viering van diversiteit wat dien om die lewenskwaliteit te verbeter deur ons mense te versoen met die fokus om ons samelewing te verbeter.
Om ‘n radiostasie te skep waar die gemeenskap geïnformeer, opgevoed en vermaak kan word. Om ‘n stem te wees aan diegene wat voorheen geen stem gehad het nie.
Staff and Presenters:-
Christo G & Nolly D
The Southern Cape has a diverse composition of inhabitants varying from the very rich Business entrepreneurs and landowners to the very poor labourers and farm workers. A big contingent of society is also dependent on a government social grant to survive.
There is also still a high incidence of illiteracy, HIV infection, TB, and social challenges which is a direct cause of a severe poverty stricken community.